Air Conditioning Repair, AC Recharging
A/C Evacuation and Recharge Service
The function of an air conditioner is to help remove the heat and humidity from inside the passenger compartment of the vehicle. Powered by a belt, the air conditioning compressor compresses the refrigerant to pressurize it and pump it through the system. The refrigerant is pushed through a valve where pressure and temperature are reduced. The now-cool refrigerant travels through the evaporator in the passenger compartment. As a result, cooled air is blown into your vehicle. This refrigerant returns to the compressor, where the cycle begins once again.
Jiffy Lube® certified technicians will:
- visually inspect the air conditioning compressor drive belt for cracks or damage
- visually inspect accessible components for leaks or damage
- check the operation of the air conditioning compressor and other air conditioning components
- evacuate refrigerant from the system
- vacuum test the system
- recharge the air conditioning system using the appropriate refrigerant to the system capacity according to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications
PLEASE NOTE: The service is designed as a periodic maintenance service rather than a detailed troubleshooting or repair service. Jiffy Lube® technicians are certified through an EPA approved training program. Jiffy Lube® technicians begin the service by checking for signs of leaks. We do not recommend servicing systems with detected leaks.
* Federal, state and local laws apply.
Serpentine Belt Replacement
The serpentine belt transfers power from the engine to operate various engine components, including the alternator, water pump, power steering pump and the air conditioner compressor.
The service includes:
- visually inspecting the serpentine belt
- removing the old serpentine belt and installing a new serpentine belt